Tuesday, August 8, 2023

A Personal Story to Tell

 Ever Been Stung?
I have a doozy of story.  I will try to be brief.    My family was visiting friends in Miami when I was somewhere in the 3rd grade range.   A bunch of kids decided to go fishing in one of the numerous ponds around the area.  

While fishing a 'Florida' thunderstorm came up.   There was one of the cranes around the pond.  The kind with the big arm and shovel at the end.  The thing goes around on those track things like a tank.   We ran to it and shoved our fishing poles between those tracks and the guard over them.

Well, it had to be me but when I put my pole there, I knocked down a large nest of what we think was wasps!!  

Once that happened, I ran crying with my friends.   I was stung all over my face, neck etc.  

It just so happens we are leaving that day, so my mom shoved me and my sisters in the car to start home.  Still crying, I think I was making my mom mad at me.   She did not know the extent of my stings, I guess.

Anyway, we just started out and, last I remember, one of my sisters told my mom something was wrong.  Evidently, she immediately went to emergency room.    

I had slipped into a coma from a bad reaction and the doctor told my mom, 'The next 24 hours are critical to him making it.'    

About 36 hours later, I woke up.   All I can say is thank God for the doctor that new how to handle that situation and also for not making it my time.

There is a lot more that went on the next few years in the way of testing and getting shots to build up an immunity.   I won't bore with all those details!  It was not fun...

As you can imagine, even all these years later, I am not too keen on any flying insects.

BE THANKFUL FOR EVERY DAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment